Monday, June 29, 2009

Alice in Wonderland 2010

My favourite Disney movie is being reinvented by a true artistic/imaginative genius, director Tim Burton. It will have almost been 60 years (when this film is released) since the original cartoon came out in 1951.
I saw the poster for the film on Friday as I was leaving the theatre, it took me right back. I didn't recognize it as the actual Tim Burton film, I thought it wasn't what it was. Just look at this: Now it didn't take until today when I saw all the pictures online to realize that this is Johnny Depp, it looks like Elijah Wood! Burton totally threw me off. But oh doesn't it look just marvelous? A dreamlike world of crazy, adventure, things going topsy-turvy, things that are indeed different than they first appear? This is Wonderland and I am beyond excited to see where it will take us.
Above is Alice (obviously ;) played by newcomer Mia Wasikowska.
Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, how fitting.
Above, my favourite choice, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen. This is inspiring thoughts of Halloween costumes in my mind. Hmmm
Let's take a step into a who new magical world. I'm tingling with excitement already. Cup of tea anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I would love a cup of tea Michelle!!! I had no idea this was coming out...Johnny Depp is the best...this is going to be stunning♥x

    ReplyDelete