Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Scarlett in 40s Glam

Rumour has it that Scarlett Johansson is in the lead to play Marilyn Monroe in a bio-pic by director Simon Curtis called "My Week with Marilyn" -Source . I don't think the choice is such a stretch, well as far as looks/resemblance goes. Scarlett has a more voluptuous/curvy figure than your average Hollywood actress. I mean she's no Christina Hendricks, but, I could see it working.Others they had in mind for casting were Amy Adams, Michelle Williams and Kate Hudson. I think Scarlett can do it.

Until that choice is made, it looks like Scarlett is chosing to dress sexy vintage styles at her appearances. The first set of pictures below are from the Dolce and Gabbana London photocall: I just love these colours on her. I know red hair is not really her favourite hair colour and she misses the blonde, but I think her (or her stylist) have made really fantastic choices in making the red really work for her. Just look at the shoes above, not the first obvious choice as a match for the beautiful blouse/skirt combo, but they compliment so perfectly. Her she is on the red carpet of the LA Shorts festival. When her hair is up like that, its easy to picture Marilyn Monroe. The suit is so tailored and looks like it was made for her body. Even though I think the colour washes her out a tiny bit, its a lovely choice.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle...thank you for popping over and the apron is a real hit!!! I agree that Scarlett will do a fabulous job...I like your stylish new blog...keeps me up to date in the world of style...By the way I love your polka dot shoes..wonder if you have found anything to wear with them!!! Take Care Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sooooo well put together and adorable.

    ReplyDelete