Friday, December 17, 2010

Brigitte

I've always either been an Audrey or Marilyn girl; there also have been times when my muse has been Grace (Kelly of course) and fictional television character Joan Harris (nee Halloway) from the wildly popular series Mad Men. Enter a new muse, one I've been obsessing over for the past few months...who? Well, let's just say my vast interests in french culture and vintage life has been all gloriously blended together and captured with Brigitte. Belle Brigitte Bardot.

 To me, when I picture "60s Sex Kitten", the connection is instant. She is that image. Unlike many of the looks popular for woman of that time and times previous, Brigitte (in her way) is natural, feminine, without too much of an effort. Tousled glorious long lengths of hair, elegant dark eye makeup, nude lips and simple feminine clothing. The result? Sex-pot. It's like she doesn't even have to try because she just is.
"What could be more beautiful than a dear old lady growing wise with age? Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it." - BB

"I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals." - BB

 Highlights of her filmography:


Et Dieu...crea la femme - 1956
Le Bride sur la cou - 1961
Le mepris - 1963
Viva Maria - 1965
Spirits of the Dead - 1968
 Random facts I love about Brigitte:
  • She is an animal rights activist.
  • She sings.
  • She is a vegetarian.
  • Breast cancer survivor.

"A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you." - BB

The Miss Dior Cherie commercial featuring Brigitte singing "Moi je joue". I think this was the beginning of my newfound fascination with Miss Bardot. In fact, even the message of the song, having fun with life, not taking things seriously and just enjoying is now my mantra ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment