Thursday, July 23, 2009

Under my Umbrella

Lets play a little game I learned from a film that quickly became a new favourite of mine, 500 Days of Summer:

So lets begin with the weather in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for this past summer of 2009. To sum up the experience, crap would probably be an excellent word for it. Its been cold and drizzly and wet. An overall depressing experience for all of us used to warmer days and more sun.

I chose a symbol I could use to demonstrate my expectations versus reality of this summer, that symbol is the umbrella.

Here's my expectation:

A sun umbrella on the beach in hot sunny weather. Maybe I'd be wearing my vintage full-piece suit just like Marilyn here.

Oh and now reality:
Ok, ok I'm not looking to be Suri Cruise, but just look at her all dressed up in clothes that arent for summer. The weather looks gloomy, but, I like that there is a bit of sparkle/fun with her cheeky umbrella.

Now for another expectation:
Glorious sun and happiness.

Reality:
A day that feels more like April.

So ok, I admit that I'm just drowing this post in my whining sorrow. It really isn't all that bad. Just today has been an example of the realities, its July 23, I have a right to whine, non?

The only way I would be good with this weather and would be happy to slush around in the rain, no matter the season, is if I was in Paris. The umbrella above is the closest I will get to it for now.
Wherever you are now, I hope the sun is shining on you and you are warm. Today I shall live vicariously through you!

1 comment: