Thursday, January 27, 2011

Favourite 6 - New Dress a Day

Marisa Lynch of New Dress a Day
Please tell me you have a) heard of, and b) are in awe with the lovely and oh so stylish Marisa Lynch from the incredibly popular New Dress a Day Blog!? 

After being laid-off from her job, Marisa refused to sacrifice style! Instead of going out and blowing the money she didn't have, she took a shoestring budget and got super creative. All it took was $365 to reinvent 365 dresses. You heard that right; that's a dollar a day. Now you'd think that the clothing you'd find for mere a dollar could (in a lot of cases) be hideous; where many saw hopeless/ugly clothing, Marisa saw potential for chic reinvention. The results have been nothing short of inspiring!

After sifting through all 365 dresses, I have narrowed down a list of my personal 6 favourite dress transformations! Well, here goes nothing:

6. {Day 92}

Day 92 -Before
Day 92 - After
5. {Day 144}
Day 144 - Before
Day 144 - After
4. {Day 272}
Day 272 - Before
Day 272 - After
4. {Day 267}
Day 267 - Before
Day 267 - After
2. {Day 81}
Day 81 - Before

Day 81 - After
1. {Day 77}
Day 77 - Before
Day 77 - After
I don't know about you, but this gets me even more jazzed to hit the thrift shops and search for hidden treasures!! In fact, yesterday on my lunch I picked up two gems. Ok, so they cost a little more than $1 each, but they were still quite a bargoon for what they were. Stay tuned for befores and afters as I intend to pay homage to New Dress a Day with my own little transformations. Although truth be told, it wouldn't be my first time. Last year I took a dress that was a positively hideous polyester moo-moo and turned it into one of my favourite dresses. Sadly, I didn't take the time to take before pictures, but here's my after creation.

Now when you look at it, picture it tent size and falling all the way to the floor with awkward long sleeves. It's amazing what you can do with a little time, effort and a bit of know-how. 

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that!!!! Off to check out her blog!

    BTW do you have a good tutorial on how to do 60's inspired make up? I love how Adele does her eyes. I cannot do it on myself for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete